RECYCLING AND THE ENVIRONMENT
By recycling paper, you benefit the environment. Here’s how:
- The use of one ton of recycled paper saves 17 trees.
- Recycled paper creates an energy savings of 65 percent over virgin pulp.
- Recycling uses more than 50 percent less water than creating virgin pulp.
- Recycling pulp produces reduced water and air pollution.
- Recycling lowers consumer waste disposal costs.
- Recycling saves landfill space, because paper accounts for approximately 40 percent of all dumped materials.